Basic Training and Retreat
Aqua Body Works
Masta offers training and retreats in giving and receiving Aqua Body Works massage in water.
In the Aqua Body Works Training you'll learn and enjoy:
– Different supporting positions, for example the triangle support for the head, elongating the neck.
– Moves, above and below the water surface, staying grounded and connected with the breath, allowing the water do the work.
– Yoga-like stretches.
– The basic characteristics of water – such as flow, current, buoyancy and adaptability to support your work.
– To adapt this to people of all sizes, shapes and dispositions.
– Body mechanics.
– How to support and move each person as effortlessly as possible in water.
– How to provide the best possible alignment for your clients’ body as well as your own.
– Basic movement principals of the hydrodynamic forces working in water.
For example spins with partial release and full release etc.
– Clear positive feedback modality. Basic Hypnotic language.
– Somatic Experiencing
– Principles you cMovement that inspire improvisation in the water.
We will be studying in this beautiful water-temple in a WATSU pool in healthy quality water.
Certification Aqua Body Works requirements include:
1. Have attended, around 50 hours of Aqua Body Works training and a refresh training every year.
2. Give 20 Aqua Body Works sessions, documented with notes.
3. Log 16 aquatic bodywork sessions received from a professional (Before, during or after the training).
10 of these are Aqua Body Works sessions.
4. Give a session to Masta.
5. Have a current CPR certification.
There are several distinct aspects of this training that weave together to support your work.