AQUA MOVEMENT & SWIMMING for Baby/Infant/Children
Come and enjoy quality time with your baby and let's playfully and safely explore the joys of moving in nurturing warm water.
Organic, gentle approach to learning safety and swim skills
Start your baby swimming as early as possible for life long benefits:
- Reduced risk of drowning. Babies demonstrate an innate swimming or diving reflex from birth until the age of six months. - They’ll improve their coordination and balance. The practice your infant will get moving both arms and legs at the same time is seriously useful for their coordination and balance. While it may not seem like much, even making small coordinated movement is a victory for them and will help them outside the pool too. Swimming lessons give them a unique chance to move almost independently in the first year of their life. Babies are born with a kicking reflex. They lose this reflex around 6 months of age so be sure to take baby swimming before then to see this incredible reflex in action - Early swimming lessons promote cognitive growth When your baby uses both sides of their body in the same action, they are practicing what’s called bilateral cross-patterning movements. This activity has been shown to build neurons across the brain, particularly in the corpus callosum, which connects and enables communication between the left and right cerebral hemispheres. This growth facilitates the development of crucial higher brain functions, and has been linked to improved spatial awareness, linguistic and reading later in life. - Boost your little one’s confidence Babies love water! After nine months in the womb it’s no surprise that being in water is quite natural for little ones and often they’ll quickly grow to love being in the pool. They’ll get social and play time, as well as the chance to learn a new skill and adapt to a new situation, helping build up their confidence. - Learning to swim encourages their muscle development As well as the benefits to their coordination and balance, introducing your baby to swimming will help them slowly build up their core muscles. Swimming also builds up the muscles they need to hold their head up, and their little arms and legs. And, on top of promoting muscle development, swimming also boosts cardiovascular health, so their little lungs, heart and brain can all benefit. - It’s quality bonding time, free from distractions - A healthy appetite for food and naps.
I’m a trained Watsu® therapist and I offer guidance into different ways of holding and supporting your child, such as back-floating with their head supported on your shoulder. Offering safety and soothing babies through different holds such as: cuddling them in a koala hug, holding them sideways (lightly or tightly), holding them close-by.
I’m also trained in Somatic Experiencing® and I can offer guidance into navigating the nervous system (NS). As babies can’t yet regulate themselves, we need to support them to co-regulate their nervous system.
We’ll exploring safe and soothing movement in the water, such as: gentle rhythmic movement, gentle swinging, rocking or bobbing up & down like a frog, which is both fun and stimulates the ventral nervous system, moving through the water in a sideways hold, back-floating like a starfish, floating on the belly, koala hug-dancing, which regulates the nervous system through stimulating the Parasympathetic NS- singing all the while with possible eye-gazing to soothe the nervous system. This all develops and deepens the Somatic Safe Attachment Systems, and strengthens the bonding between, parent and child. We’ll practice guided dips with verbal cue’s as well as movement cue’s and swim underwater.
We weave relaxing and exciting activities like:
* Singing and rhythmically moving your child through the warm water.
* Jumping up & down like a frog, which is both fun and stimulates the Ventral nervous system.
Inviting curiosity and excitement into exploring the water in a safe and soothing environment.
AQUA MOVEMENT & SWIMMING for Children we offer:
- Ninja or Ballerina movements
- Back-float as a starfish
- Breast stroke, froggy & Dolphin style!
- Free style swimming
A Gift for Life!!
- Water treading spinning on our axis, like a ballerina
- Dive with movement cue’s + swim underwater to catch a Dino.
- Jump deep and fly up, like Marry Poppins
- Koala-hug-dancing regulates your child's nervous system,
the Parasympathetic NS.
AQUA MOVEMENT & SWIMMING (private classes) for children 0-7 year old. Water… you and maybe your partner, your child… Laughter… and learning to swim. A delightful combination! Come and enjoy quality time with your child and let's playfully and safely explore the joys of moving in nurturing warm water. Organic, gentle approach to learning safety and swim skills. Focusing on the baby-infant-child’s level of readiness, Aqua Movement & Swim goes beyond teaching physical skills. Safety skills: are a primary reason many people enroll in lessons. This can be lifesaving. To attend these classes, you can choose your time to come. I’m a trained Watsu® therapist and I offer guidance into different ways of holding and supporting your child, such as back-floating with their head supported on your shoulder. I’m also trained in Somatic Experiencing® and I can offer guidance into navigating the nervous system (NS). As babies can’t yet regulate themselves, we need to support them to co-regulate their nervous system. We weave relaxing and exciting activities like: Inviting curiosity and excitement into exploring the water in a safe and soothing environment. Come and start anytime!
Classes weekly in a 10 week course: $200
I am an experienced certified Austswim teacher.
Offering since 2003:
- BABY & TODDLER SWIM classes for children 0-4 years.
- Private classes (0 - 7 years), to overcome fear of water
- Child Massage in water read more
Are you interested? Come and check it out! You can join anytime, at the moment we do Mondays 11.30 & 3.30pm.
Come and start anytime!